Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Output Tool Error

arsh011
8 - Asteroid

arsh011_0-1645200918464.png

I am trying to append my excel file using the output tool but this error comes, how can I fix this? Please help!!!

5 REPLIES 5
NikyN
9 - Comet

Hello @arsh011,

can you share WF with us? I believe that the field name is not matching to the one that is already existing in the excel.

Best Luck!

NN

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @arsh011 ,

As @NikyN said, If you use the option "Append To Existing Sheet" at Output Data tool, you need to have the same fields name  as output excel field name.

AkimasaKajitani_1-1645234894977.png

Please check the field name.

amruthas2
8 - Asteroid

Hi @arsh011 

Append needs exact same number of columns from both the tables, please see the below options to mitigate the error.

1. You need to rename the column Quantity with the other exisitng table. Say it is called as "Qty" in Table 1, and "Quantity" in Table 2, you will have to rename either 1
2. If Table 1 has Quantity and Table 2 doesnt have it at all, before Appending, Use 'Formula' function to create a new column called 'Quantity' with null() , and then append the tables.

Please let me know if this helps 

arsh011
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @amruthas2  ... it really works!!

amruthas2
8 - Asteroid

@arsh011  happy to help :)

Labels