Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Newcomer: Simple data validation best approach?

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

I have about 30k lines of data, there is a field that either has a value of 'Total' or 'Country'.  There is an 'Amount' field with numerical data. 

I would like to build in a simple browse output (or any other tool you may suggest) that I can check what the total Summarized Amount is for Country, and the total Summarized amount is for Total, and a simple flag that they are equal numbers. If there is a way this can be always visible somehow without having to click the browse tool that would be great.

Screenshot 2022-11-17 103949 - valid.jpg

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @Carluccio555 ,

Firstly welcome to the world of Alteryx. 

For getting the total summarized amount you can possibly make use the summarize tool. For the flag you can explore the formula tool to achieve that using an expression.

As for a way to display the results on the canvas itself, i think the browse tool is built for that purpose. I don't think there is a way to see the results on the canvas without having to click on a tool and see the results.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Carluccio555,

You could go along the lines of testing to create the values and unioning to create your table, i've attached an example for you to workthrough and see the technique!

JonathanSherman_0-1668702384158.png

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

Thanks!

Labels