Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Locking Up With Two Database Connections

Tubbs
5 - Atom

I have a workflow that has two Teradata connections writing to two different tables. The workflow will complete if I only connect one output. Once I connect both, the Summarize right before the Output Data will lock up at 50% and do nothing until I hit stop. I thought maybe there was a problem with two outputs to the same database so I tried Block Until Done before each output similar to if I was writing to two excel sheets within one workbook. When I did that the summarize still locks up at 50% and the original path that would finish now locks up block until done at 88% and nothing writes out.  The flow works fine if I write to an Excel file or CSVs.

1 REPLY 1
Tubbs
5 - Atom

I figured it out. Apparently it had to do with one of my formulas having a datatype of V_WSTRING with a size of 1073741823. I only needed a double so apparently teradata was expecting that massive text string and it was locking things up. 

Labels