Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Join tool

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Team,

I have an interface that sends the data to workflow. The interface has four options. Each option has a different process and connects to the pricing workflow to create a quote. I use the join tool to connect all four processes to the pricing workflow. Only one process will have data every time, and the other three will have no data. In this case, the join is not working as expected, and the workflow stopped.

Is there a way to ignore the empty processes and let Join continue with the data it has? Please help.

allwynbazil_1-1674656224522.png

Regards,

Alwin

21 REPLIES 21
allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Finn really appreciates your efforts to resolve this issue. I will try a different approach tomorrow.

Regards,

Alwin

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @allwynbazil

I think if there's no data (as opposed to 0 records) coming in to one of the inputs of a union, then no data will come out of the union:

OllieClarke_1-1674728899122.png

This looks to be true of all purple tools. In the final screenshot of your 3rd reply to @FinnCharlton you showed that there was 'no data available' coming into the union tool in connection#2. I don't know how your workflow in full is set up, but is there a way of avoiding this situation? Where are you losing data?

Ollie

Labels