Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Join tool

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Team,

I have an interface that sends the data to workflow. The interface has four options. Each option has a different process and connects to the pricing workflow to create a quote. I use the join tool to connect all four processes to the pricing workflow. Only one process will have data every time, and the other three will have no data. In this case, the join is not working as expected, and the workflow stopped.

Is there a way to ignore the empty processes and let Join continue with the data it has? Please help.

allwynbazil_1-1674656224522.png

Regards,

Alwin

21 REPLIES 21
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@allwynbazil, Just to make sure I understand, there ARE records in the Input #2 anchor of the union, and there ARE NOT any in the output anchor, or in the browse tool?

In the output of the union, or in the browse, are there any field names? Which input(s) do the field names come from?

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Yes, there are records in input#2. The data is not going through the Union. The output anchor itself has no data. There are no fields in output of the union, or the browse. The data and the fields come from Input#2.

allwynbazil_0-1674659787201.png

Regards,

Alwin

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@allwynbazil ,

In your configuration window, in Runtime, what is your "Memory Limit"? Up it to something like 9000MB and try again?

FinnCharlton_0-1674659935679.png

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Tried and still got the same result. It was just 47 records going to Union.

allwynbazil_0-1674660273391.png

Regards,

Alwin

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@allwynbazil , what does the results pane say when you select the browse tool?

Maybe try some different configuration options in the union tool and see if it changes anything?

You could try a Join Multiple tool instead, and "join on record position"?

JSheppard98
8 - Asteroid

If both are different formats, then instead of auto config by name, try by position to see if data comes up this time? Or try to reorder #2 ontop of #1 or vice versa

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately none of the options are working. However, I tried test the workflow with an empty file and a data file. It works fine. Weird.

allwynbazil_0-1674663450383.png

Regards,

Alwin

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@allwynbazil , try copying and pasting the entire workflow into a new workbook, it's possible the workbook is corrupted somehow, have seen it happen before.

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

I copied the workflow to the new workflow and still had the same issue.

Regards,

Alwin

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@allwynbazil I have run out of suggestions, apart from trying a Join Multiple tool instead, and selecting "join on record position"

Labels