Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Gallery running time vs local

jaimonsk
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I created a workflow on the local machine and wrote data to specific cell ranges within the xlsx output file. Using multiple output tools I am writing to same file, same sheet in specified cell ranges. All Input and output data are within shared drives only.

Now the issue which I am facing is that this same workflow takes around 20secs to execute on my local Alteryx is taking around 14 mins on gallery. I added profiling to see which tool was costing the time and noted that it was the one among the output tool taking 98% of this time. But the same tool doesn't take any time on local machine.

Can someone help me to understand this issue and fix the same?

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Does this happen with other workflows. A simple Text Input > Output Data? Does it happen at the same time your workflow is scheduled vs other times?

jaimonsk
8 - Asteroid

Hi @PhilipMannering , Thanks for checking. Adding my experience to the above question..

1. The issue has not happened with other flows in general. Some times we seen taking more than expected time, but all those happened while server backup was happening and not in any other days. But I have noticed similar issues with Gallery while the excel file being as a template as the same file getting opened and closed again. One of my colleague experienced the same.
  2. The same workflow if I enable only one output container and disable the rest, then it works fast as expected.
  3. Workflow is manually run, not scheduled.
Labels