Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Gallery Workflow Interaction with Network Files

robertfishel
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx community!!  If I have a workflow on the gallery that is dependent on a Excel workbook on the network, when a change is made to the file, how can my workflow still use the file.  The way I currently understand things, when you upload a workflow to the gallery, you have to create a zip package including all related files.  What if your workflow uses a file that is changed constantly?  Do I have to constantly upload packages on a daily basis to the gallery that contain my modified Excel workbook?  How does this work?  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
ivoller
12 - Quasar

You should be able to use the full path name for any path that the server has access to.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @robertfishel

Also make sure that when you save your workflow you are not packaging the shared file upon upload. You can control this by clicking on "Manage workflow assets" in the "Save Workflow" window. Make sure the box for the shared file is unchecked. You can also manage your workflow dependencies under Options > Advanced Options > Workflow Dependencies. 

robertfishel
8 - Asteroid

Thank you both for your answers :)

Labels