Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Gallery/Server Upload - Failing on Validation Process

owenkosnen
8 - Asteroid

Hello, I am a beginner and have a bit problem with uploading workflow to Alteryx Server.

The workflow allows user to input certain parameters, then these parameters will be used to pulls data from Oracle database in the middle of workflow process by using Dynamic Input Tool and it feeds in data and populate parameters for a dozen of macros before finally generating output.

When uploading to Server, the workflow fails on Validation process. My guess is because the workflow does not have any data feeding in to the macros causing error during the uploading process. I tried to solve this problem by creating a placeholder or dummy record but these dummy record caused the final output to be incorrect when run in Server. 

Is there any workaround to this? I'm thinking it would be great if there is a tool or method to allow data queried from Oracle to replace the dummy data when run in Server since they are only created to pass the uploading process..

3 REPLIES 3
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Do you have any screenshots of the messages it's giving you?

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @owenkosnen,

You may see a validation error if the server does not have permissions a data source referenced the workflow, such as the Oracle database.  The workflow may still function on the Server if the user running the workflow has permissions to the data source and the workflow is set up to use proper credentials.  After saving to the Gallary, have you tested running the workflow from the server?  It may work even with a validation error being generated during upload.

owenkosnen
8 - Asteroid

Hi @T_Willins , you are right -  I have just tested this and it works!  Thanks a lot!

Labels