Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Gallery Question

jmann
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I'm hoping I might be able to learn a bit more about the Alteryx Gallery and if this is something I can utilize today without having to buy a server license. We currently only have designer licenses and I noticed that I can save my workflows to the public gallery. When I did this as a test and tried to run the workflow within the gallery I get an error saying "Files referenced by this tool must be in the same directory as the App". My best guess is I have to have a server gallery in order to run this workflow, but I'm hoping someone could confirm. 

I can't seem to find any information on using the gallery that isn't Alteryx server related so any information is helpful!

Thanks!

Juhno

1 REPLY 1
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora
Hey @jmann

Well if you're happy for the workflow to be available to the world then you can make use of the public gallery :) you just need to make sure that when you publish your workflow you include all of the assets (see manage assets in the publish settings)

However, if you need to keep this private then you will need to purchase your own server.

Hopefully that will clarify for you :)

Neil
Labels