Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Alteryx Gallery MySQL

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Not sure if this has been answered in the past but I have a vendor that gave us a MySQL connection. I can run it perfectly fine in the Alteryx workflow on my desktop but i want to automate it so that it pulls on a daily basis.

When i upload it to our Companys Alteryx Gallery and hit run i get this issue. Is this more so my Companys problem that we dont have a MySQL driver on the gallery or something else? 

Image 1 is the error code, image 2 is screenshot of my workflow (simple) 

Gallery Error screenshotGallery Error screenshotworkflow screenshotworkflow screenshot

Highlighted
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

You're using an ODBC Connection here, and typically those require setup on any machine using the connection.  You would either need this connection (to your specific MySQL database) set up on the server, or would need to look into a different connection type (like OleDB)

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Darn,

and MySQL does not have an OLEDB connection, correct? 

Highlighted
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Fair point.

There's some suggestions online about using a MSDataShape provider to set up an OleDB connection for mysql, but it is somewhat scattered and I don't know if this would be appropriate for your environment.  If you try configuring something leveraging MSDataShape (an OleDB driver), it may work.

I was able to confirm that you can leverage an ODBC connection dynamically if you can pass in all the needed configuration, and I was able to test this using Microsoft SQL Server.  There's some information on StackOverflow for doing something like this in MySQL, but I can't speak to its effectiveness personally.

Labels