Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Formula

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

Dear Experts,

I have attached the excel output from Alteryx for the Month of Jan-2021 and I have created the columns from Jan-2021 to Dec 2021, 

If I run the workflow for the month of Feb 2021, The month-year field auto-capture the month and year for Feb 2021 based on the date formula which I have created already in the workflow, however, I want to move the data from the value column to Feb 2021 column. Likewise every month I run the workflow the value numbers should move or copied to the respective month.

Sample excel spreadsheet attached, please provide the solution in the workflow 

1 REPLY 1
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @STAR1BANU 

I would transpose the data and then update the values based on if the month-year field is equal to the column header. This assumes the column headers line up with whatever your date formula is doing. Hopefully this gives you some idea as a starting point

Luke_C_0-1622568216033.png

Labels