Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Flow - Cleans not Completing

AlteryxUserFL
11 - Bolide

My understanding was that when a Green Box appeared around a tool, it was completely finished. In this flow, several of my cleans are showing 0%, yet the tools around them are green. I have attached one example, i'm not sure what is causing this. The flow is also taking super long to complete.  Any ideas?  

3 REPLIES 3
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @AlteryxUserFL,

This post looks like it answers your question:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Order-of-Completion-of-Tools/m-p/39738...

As for workflow performance and without seeing the entire workflow or the data, the data cleanse evaluates each item separately; a large number of rows and fields and/or are cleansing multiple types of characters can lead to longer run times.  If possible, limit the data cleanse to only necessary fields and data cleanse types and see if that helps.  

ScottG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Turning on Performance Profiling will be useful in determining bottlenecks in the workflow too.

Scott Gurney
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The green boxes, bold connection lines, and percent notes are only estimates of the processes going through the engine. If you would like to be sure one process is complete before another begins, use a Block Until Done tool. 

There are many reasons why a workflow might be running slowly, the best way to find out why is to use the Performance Profiling feature. From the Workflow Configuration, go to Runtime > Enable Performance Profiling. The next time you run the canvas, the Results window will output an ordered list of the tools that tool the longest time to run. If you need help with suggestions on those tools, post up and let us know. 

Labels