Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Excel Output

garvit1495
7 - Meteor

Is there any way we can leave a column while writing output in the excel file? Let's say I have to write a particular output in the range A-X but want to leave column T as it is a formula based column  ( nothing to be written on that). Is it possible?

11 REPLIES 11
Nanoq
8 - Asteroid

The easiest would probably be to force the column to be nulls values with a formula tool - you can move it around with a select tool to place it the right place afterwards
Capture.PNG

binay2448
11 - Bolide

Please find attached workflow, this may help you.

garvit1495
7 - Meteor

Thank you @binay2448 and @Nanoq for the quick help. But actually, this is not helping me as I have a pre-defined output format and one of the columns is Excel formula-based. If I am trying to mark it as Null() in the alteryx then it is removing the formula from the Excel within that defined output range

binay2448
11 - Bolide

You can divide the output in two parts and take two outputs on same sheet 1st A to S and 2nd U to X.

Nanoq
8 - Asteroid

is it possible for you to attach a workflow showing the problem? 

garvit1495
7 - Meteor

Hi @Nanoq , The process and the data is confidential but if you can see the attached file. Assume that  I have a pre-defined format column A,B,C & D. Column C has formulas defined for each row. When I am trying to export data from Alteryx in the range A-D, the formulas are getting replaced by Null() by alteryx. This is my problem. I want to retain those formulas because that column wont have any values from ALteryx. and I cant move the column to the end. Hope you understand my problem

garvit1495
7 - Meteor

@Nanoq 

binay2448
11 - Bolide

Find attached solution may be it work for you

garvit1495
7 - Meteor

Thank You @binay2448 . This worked for me 

I have another question as well about where I am getting stuck at the moment. So, If you see the attached file, column B has the dropdown list defined and when I am writing data through Alteryx this validation goes away. Even after trying to skip this column like above method I am not able to resolve this.

Labels