community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Community v19.9

The latest release includes several enhancements designed to improve your Community experience!

Learn More

Alteryx Encryption - Workflows

Atom

Hi Alteryx Community,

1. Is it possible to make the Alteryx file read only? I have seen the option that you will have to do so in the windows permissioning in properties, but no furthermore instructions I could find.
  2. Is it possible to encrypt all tools? 
  3. Is it possible to encrypt the file to only allow certain users to use it, if so how? I tried encrypting the workflow through the options tool bar, but it tells me to input 'serial numbers' of users. What are the serial numbers of the users? I have read online that it is the e-mail address associated with the license key, but when I inputted my own e-mail used to register I couldn't open the encrypted file.
Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hello @annie ,

When encrypting a workflow, the serial numbers are usually the email accounts associated to each license.

On 'Help' -> 'About' you can see there the serial number associated to each license.

Remember to add one mail per line:

steveRogers@avengers.com

doctorStrange@avengers.com

etc.

I don't it this is what you are looking for. Hope it helps :)

Cheers

Atom

Hello,

THanks for the response!

Unfortunately I do not have a serial number that I can see. My company revoked admin access for all the users... So i do not know if we are able to encrypt workflows now.

Labels