community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Alteryx - Drop Down

Meteoroid

I have an input dataset with AIRLINES on the them. There is a filter tool and then a summarize tool. I want to add a DROP DOWN LIST --> ACTION --> UPDATE FILTER TOOL. I can manual set the values in the drop down tool....How can I set the drop down tool to be distinct values from the INPUT dataset ???

DropDownImage2.jpgDropDownImage1.jpg

Alteryx Partner

You could perform a summarize on the INPUT data, GroupBy Airline, and then pass that to the Drop Down.

Its weird, but regular tools can go to the Q anchor at the top of the Drop Down Tool; something I don't think holds for most tools.

I think the difference is that it's a white background with a black Q in the icon, whereas most of the Q anchors are black backgrounds with a white Q.

Let me know if this helps,

Cheers!

Meteoroid

I created the summarize tool and you can see from the screenshot it is listing the Airlines but how do I set up the Drop Down to use those values. Tried several different things but to no avail.

DropDownImage4.jpgDropDownImage3.jpg

Meteoroid

I created the summarize tool and you can see from the screenshot it is listing the Airlines but how do I set up the Drop Down to use those values. Tried several different things but to no avail.

DropDownImage4.jpgDropDownImage3.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

Bumping this

This workflow is from the first interactive lesson of Using Analytical Applications

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Creating%2...

The lesson did not touch on configuring the drop down tool at all. I am also unable to get the field values to populate in the dropdown tool.

Labels