Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Directory/Dynamic Tool with Sharepoint

Nithinpanicker
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I am trying to design a workflow which contains my input and output files to be located on a sharepoint. Normally I can save the alteryx file next to these folders and use relative paths to run the workflow successfully. But I will have to save the workflow to the server eventually which may cause the relative paths to run into errors. How do I configure the directory + dynamic input tool to be able to access the input files located on the sharepoint. Is this even possible? Or is the only option I have is to use sharepoint files input tool?

Thanks and regards,

Nithin Panicker

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Nithinpanicker ,

If you're struggling to migrate workflows with relative paths to the server, try converting to UNC paths, change the relative pathing to represent how the server sees the folder structure, and check the server can actually access the path, relative or not.

HERE is a good article on server pathing by @SophiaF .

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Nithinpanicker
8 - Asteroid

@mceleavey 

Thank you for your reply.  Yes I have read this article. Could you give me some insight on how to convert my sharepoint link to a UNC one?

Thanks and regards,

Nithin Panicker

Labels