Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer runs once, but then I can never run it again

danconnolly
5 - Atom

I got a new laptop at work, and when I installed Alteryx Designer, I was able to run it and open up Alteryx Designer.  Once I closed the Alteryx Designer application, I was never again able to run it.  When I try to run it, absolutely nothing happens.  No splash screen, no Alteryx Designer, if I go into the Task Manager there is no Alteryx process running.

Here are the things that I have tried:

-Rebooting

-Full uninstall and reinstall - tried both admin version and non-admin version.  Every time I reinstall, I can get it to run once, but then it never runs again.  I did the uninstall from the control panel, and then followed the steps posted on this forum to delete Alteryx folders and registry entries

-Tried running the AlteryxGui.exe just to make sure there wasn't a problem with my shortcut

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I might be able to get Alteryx Designer to run on my Windows 10 laptop?

3 REPLIES 3
kev0281
5 - Atom

Windows updated and I have the same issue.

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

I suggest you both open support tickets right now.  Either use the big a Support button over on the left or send an email to support@alteryx.com

If a Windows update is the culprit the great folks at Alteryx need to know about it ASAP.

danconnolly
5 - Atom

Alteryx Support was able to help me get this fixed.  It was pretty straightforward.  

1. Find the AlteryxGui.exe file (I did the admin install so it is in C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin for me, but could be elsewhere if you did the non-admin install) and right click it.
2. Select Troubleshoot compatibility and go through the prompts, accepting any suggestions given.
3. Try to run Alteryx.

In step #2 when I ran the "Troubleshoot compatibility" I just selected the first option that came up ("Try Recommended Settings"), and that fixed my problem.  I can now run Alteryx Designer, close it, run it again, etc.

Labels