Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer local data storage

shaynegw
5 - Atom

Hi

Would anyone be able to tell me how Alteryx Designer stores analytical (not configuration) data locally on the client machine? Database, flat-file, in-memory structures, proprietary file format, etc.? I'm interested in issues related to data set size limits, performance, network connectivity to source, caching, data persistence, in-memory processing, etc.

Thanks and take care,

Shayne

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
How do you want to store data? That's how Alteryx will store it. The YXDB format is proprietary and neatly compressed the file and saves the metadata.

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
shaynegw
5 - Atom

Thanks

Is the YXDB format used to store Alteryx output, or is it also the data structure used for run-time analysis and processing of data from the data sources? That is, if Alteryx is pulling data in from multiple sources, where would that data be stored while it is being processed?

Take care,

Shayne

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Alteryx stores data in memory and caches it to temporary files which I believe are yxdb in format but are sized for quick read and writes.
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels