Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer Workflow - Boolean formula Issue

stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Hi Geeks,

We have Input/source files comes in the below format and stored in sftp/ftp server and Alteryx Workflow has other steps to fill in those pipe delimiter gaps by picking up from a database and generate a pdf and place Archive path

|5DF41885626|AKPF|900139003005592016|05/27/2021|||3900300559|9001|2021||Z170FIIINV|||
However, I need help to create a T/F Boolean formula and process them to an 'Error' Folder.

so,I need

Step 1)Need to create a T/F Boolean formula/reg expression/macro,if the input file does not meet the above file format or empty fields as F else T to process further.

Step 2)Put them in the Error Folder using Python/Dynamic Input tool
Please ignore the 'Next Step', as its working

Appreciated for inputs.

7 REPLIES 7
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @stevelogue1980 

2)To move files between folders, you can use this macro. 

Move files between origin and destination path - Alteryx Community

1)Could you explain better what is the correct patern? For example, AKPF is fixed and will aways be AKPF or it could be ACPN or any other thing? 2021 is aways 2021 or it could be 2022? Maybe you could share more examples.

stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Please find the Source file for more examples.ex: 2021 is always Year,

pattern is same data types and same size and fields split with pipe delimiters and database fields filled in the gaps in the next step.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@stevelogue1980 
I am sorry but I was not able to fully understand your intention here. 

For the part of "create a T/F Boolean formula", we can use RegexMatch Funtion as below.

1020-stevelogue1980.PNG

stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Qiu 

Attached the actual format we receive and try to mimic same logic but can't find where i am missing in the RegexMatch Funtion

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@stevelogue1980 
There is an extra "\" at the highlighted location. After removing it, it works.
Here is the site I use to test my regex.

https://regex101.com/

1020-stevelogue1980-r2.PNGA1020-stevelogue1980-r2.PNG

stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!

stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Hello Felipe_Ribeir0,

Can this work when use a boolean condition for some files not all files.

for example only move files that meet certain criteria in mu formula Tool?

Could you please tweak if possible?

I posted my ask here

Labels