Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer PDF Edits

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Group, 

I have PDFs that i need to feed into Alteryx and add a logo on them. Can Alteryx designer do this? If so can you provide any direction?

Any help is greatly appreciated 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
betodiwan
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, I think you can get the answer in this link:

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/pdf-input

Hope it helps

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

@Cferrer6 - a couple of questions:

1. Are you using Alteryx to generate the original pdfs?
  2. Do you have a license for the Alteryx Intelligence Suite? (the tool @betodiwan linked to is part of the Intelligence Suite)
  3. How comfortable are you with Python?
    I typically use the Python tool with the PyPDF2 library to manipulate pdfs in Alteryx (merge them together, add/remove pages, etc.)
Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Hi Kelly, 

Thank you for your response. Please see below

1. Are you using Alteryx to generate the original pdfs? - No the PDFs are already generated from another source
  2. Do you have a license for the Alteryx Intelligence Suite? (the tool @betodiwan linked to is part of the Intelligence Suite) I dont think so, i think i only have Alteryx Designer 2020.4
  3. How comfortable are you with Python?
    I typically use the Python tool with the PyPDF2 library to manipulate pdfs in Alteryx (merge them together, add/remove pages, etc.) Never Used it, do you think Power Bi has similar functions?
Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your response. Does the PDF Input tool come in the normal designer license or is it extra?

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Hi Kelly @kelly_gilbert were you able to take a look at below response ?

Labels