Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer Locking Up

Troy
8 - Asteroid

So I have been having this problem for months where when I open another workflow in Alteryx, Alteryx will lock up (can't click anywhere). Today while working with another client I think we found steps to reproduce.  Is this just me and my client that have this issue?

Reproducing Alteryx locking up

1. Open workflow

2. Ctrl-F, select any input tool

3. In window explorer, double-click to open workflow in Alteryx

4. Every time, I have tried this it has caused Alteryx to be locked (can't click anywhere or do anything)

I'm using Alteryx 2018.4.5.55178 and am setup that all workflows open into same Alteryx window.  I know this has been a problem with other versions of Alteryx.

The only workaround I'm aware of this is to always keep a workflow open that has changes not saved, then right-click on taskbar of Alteryx and select close window. When prompted to save hit cancel and you can get control back.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the only way this happens but hopefully we can get this fixed.  It is very annoying.

11 REPLIES 11
jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

This should be fixed with the 2019.3 release. Download it at http://downloads.alteryx.com

Troy
8 - Asteroid

I agree haven't been able to break this.  No locking up. Thank you!

Labels