Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Designer Installation on a Windows Server

AshishBhavnani
8 - Asteroid

Dear Community Members,

Has anyone in the community attempted to install Alteryx Designer on a Windows Server with OS - 2012R2 Standard. I wanted to check if anyone had experience with this installation before I reach out to Server Management team at my company and request the team to perform installation.

Regards,

Ashish Bhavnani

5 REPLIES 5
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @AshishBhavnani ,

I'm 99% sure this won't be a problem. The system requirements for Alteryx Server (which includes an instance of Alteryx Designer) is Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or later which suggests that 2012R2 will also be fine.

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

While you can install your Designer license on a VM, it will need to be enabled. I suggest reaching out to your Account Manager to see if your license has been enabled, and adjust if needed.

salbol1
8 - Asteroid

We have been using 2012 R2 for many years. We are only now looking at going to 2019 since we are testing this on an Azure cloud instance.

asifk
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, we are also on Windows Server 2012 and upgrading to 2019. Are there any procedures or known issues when running Alteryx. Will we need to re-install the software?

Regards,

Asif

MattBenj
9 - Comet

@salbol1 and @asifk my company is preparing to upgrade from Windows Server 2012 to 2019 or newer. Did you guys run into any Alteryx issues when you made the upgrade? Thanks!

Labels