Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer Error with Red X's? What kind of error is this?

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Out of curiousity, I'm asking if anyone knows what type of error this is. Designer froze and areas of the canvas were covered in red X's. I'm on version 2018.4.

Capture.PNG

(the black boxes were added by me)

I was able to restart Alteryx and everything is working fine. Just curious as to what caused this type of error.

14 REPLIES 14
mkacavas
5 - Atom

I see this error when I try to copy and paste from one workbook to another.  I'm using version 2020.3.5.

SWalker
7 - Meteor

Thanks, @jpoz 

I am repeatedly getting this error after downloading a workflow from the community, and then, adding the workflow to a tool container and copying/ pasting the container to a different workflow.  

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

What version of Alteryx are you on?

afellows
7 - Meteor

Was there any solution found for this? I get this fairly often and alteryx ends up crashing afterwards. I think it is due to cached data but I can't narrow down the cause more than that. It doesn't appear that my RAM is all used up. Using Version: 2023.1.1.247 Patch: 2.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I also see this fairly often now in version 2022.1.1.42654, specifically in the overview pane. It continues to be a minor annoyance.

Screenshot 2023-10-10 164328.png

Labels