Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer - Dynamic Filter and Date formula

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

I have attached the sample data I need a solution, every month if I  run the Alteryx Workflow if the current month is March 2021 the workflow automatically filter the Mar BS details from data B and Merge with Mar PL in Data A likewise if I run the workflow in the month of Apr 2021 it will pick the data in Apr BS details from data B and merge with Apr PL and delivered the output  

Please suggest how to apply the dynamic filter and date formula at the earliest

4 REPLIES 4
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @STAR1BANU 

You just need to set up this logic with a filter:

left([Month],3) = DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%b") 

Here we will match today's month with the datasets you have using the short version of the name of the month (thus using the "%b"). 

I attached a WF to show you.

I was not 100% on how we needed to prep the data before joining. Let us know if you need any additional help.

Pedro.

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

if I run the workflow for next month it automatically picks APR 2021??

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@STAR1BANU 
I believe the anwser is correct.

the DateTimeToday() function in left([Month],3) = DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%b") returns the the Date in yyyy-mm-dd format of the workflow being run.

So if you run it in April, it will return a date of April. Then the %b is used to format yyyy-mm-dd into mm.

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

awesome response let me try and get back to you 

Labels