Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer Crashing in Windows 10 Virtual Machine

BrianPitt
5 - Atom

I am a System Admin working with an Alteryx Designer user who is experiencing random crashing of the Alteryx application when using it.  The user is on a Windows 10 Virtual Machine and has 4 Processors assigned to his VM as well as 16GB memory.

Watching the user while using the software, at no point does the CPU or Memory of the system come near 100% utilization, so I dont think the resources on the system are the issue.

Wanted to know if anyone had experienced issues with Designer running on Virtual Machines, or if there is anything that needed installed plugin / framework wise that could help with the issues?

The application will just crash and close, with nothing significant in the Windows log files saying why..,.

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@BrianPitt can you send an email to support@alteryx.com? There may be some log files that will give more insight and they can take a deeper look. 

BrianPitt
5 - Atom

I certainly will.....Thanks!

Brian

Labels