Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer 2022.1.1 Bug ? Test Tool

KeyMaker
6 - Meteoroid

Team, I just upgrade to 2022.1 where AMP engine is default. 

I start experiencing issue which i didn't see before using AMP engine, like writing same file with 2 different schema. i know it can happen that fie can be written same time, but didn't see ever a issue prior to 2022.1

Anyhow for this "Test"  tool there is strange behavior, Delta is 0 and 50 for two records. Test is set to  "expression is True for all Records" where Test Value is Delta=0. It should fail both test cases, but it only fails one when using AMP engine. When turned off, it fails both.

Is it a bug ?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

  

please find attached workflow and run to see with and without AMP using 2022.1 version.

7 REPLIES 7
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @KeyMaker 

Thank you for providing the workflow. I was able to reproduce this and it does seem like a defect. 

I think we usually ask folks to go through Support so that they can associate a customer case to the defect and then if more customers report it additional cases can get linked. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

Also a bug with the CASS tool. We are all rolling back to 2021.4 because it is causing a work stoppage.

And a ticket is being submitted to support. 😉

-Michelle

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mkosmicki1 before you roll back, would you be able to check if it is an AMP issue? 

You can turn off AMP by going to Workflow - Configuration - Runtime settings tab on the left in Designer and uncheck the "Use AMP Engine" checkbox and run the workflow. 

If it is an AMP specific issue then I will make sure my team fixes it for the next release. 

Tonya Smith
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@KeyMaker 

The original topic of this post, the Test Tool not working properly with AMP with the "expression is True for all Records" configuration has been fixed in Dev and the fix will be included in our next 2022.3 GA Release. 

Tonya Smith
mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

@TonyaS We did several things, including going back to 2021.4. I didn't even think to check the AMP because the workflows we saw the issue in did not have AMP turned on since they were created several years ago.

What fixed the issue was re-installing our CASS dataset. I'm wondering if maybe the install removed the connection to the data set?

I updated my support ticket as well with the fix to our issue.

Thanks for following up!

-Michelle

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mkosmicki1 

That is really great news that you figured out a fix. I'm glad it worked out. 

Tonya Smith
KeyMaker
6 - Meteoroid

Thank You very much !

Labels