Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Crashing - Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger

zacharypappas
7 - Meteor

Hello Everyone,

I just upgraded our Alteryx Designer yesterday to 2019.3.2.15763 and today when our scheduled workflows were supposed to run, they are failing with the Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger error message.  It appears to only be on workflows using the CReW Runner macros. 

"An unhandled win32 exception occured in AlteryxRunner.exe [14864]. Just-In_time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled.  In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just=In-Time. 

Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors' for more information."

clipboard_image_0.png

Thank you,

Zach

6 REPLIES 6
kgalbert
9 - Comet

I'm having the exact same issue.  All my overnight jobs that use runner failed.  

I tried downloading fresh macros and uninstalling and reinstalling, but same issue.

I also reinstalled 2019.3, but have the same issue.  

Now looking into rolling back to 2019.2

kgalbert
9 - Comet

I think the issue is with the executable that runs inside the AlteryxRunner macro.  Called AlteryxRunner.exe.

If i just manually try to run this it gives an error saying that AlteryxEngine.DLL is missing.  It's still in its normal place though.

Not sure if that helps

@MarqueeCrew 

kgalbert
9 - Comet

So I installed 2019.2 and now the runner is working again.

zacharypappas
7 - Meteor

That is exactly what I had to do and it is working right now.  I can submit a ticket to make sure they aware of the issue.

Thank you!

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

The 2019.3.5 Stable Update is now available for download and includes this fix.

YasminPatan
5 - Atom

Hi , 

We are currently using Alteryx 2020.2.3 version and we are seeing this error .

Can you please suggest and solution for this?

Thank You

Labels