Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Crashing - Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger

zacharypappas
7 - Meteor

Hello Everyone,

I just upgraded our Alteryx Designer yesterday to 2019.3.2.15763 and today when our scheduled workflows were supposed to run, they are failing with the Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger error message.  It appears to only be on workflows using the CReW Runner macros. 

"An unhandled win32 exception occured in AlteryxRunner.exe [14864]. Just-In_time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled.  In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just=In-Time. 

Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors' for more information."

clipboard_image_0.png

Thank you,

Zach

6 REPLIES 6
kgalbert
9 - Comet

I'm having the exact same issue.  All my overnight jobs that use runner failed.  

I tried downloading fresh macros and uninstalling and reinstalling, but same issue.

I also reinstalled 2019.3, but have the same issue.  

Now looking into rolling back to 2019.2

kgalbert
9 - Comet

I think the issue is with the executable that runs inside the AlteryxRunner macro.  Called AlteryxRunner.exe.

If i just manually try to run this it gives an error saying that AlteryxEngine.DLL is missing.  It's still in its normal place though.

Not sure if that helps

@MarqueeCrew 

kgalbert
9 - Comet

So I installed 2019.2 and now the runner is working again.

zacharypappas
7 - Meteor

That is exactly what I had to do and it is working right now.  I can submit a ticket to make sure they aware of the issue.

Thank you!

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

The 2019.3.5 Stable Update is now available for download and includes this fix.

YasminPatan
5 - Atom

Hi , 

We are currently using Alteryx 2020.2.3 version and we are seeing this error .

Can you please suggest and solution for this?

Thank You

Labels