Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Column building from excel

Tonytran2014
5 - Atom

Hi everyone, I am rather new to Alteryx and I am working on trying to create columns based off of excel columns that have formulas dedicated and referencing even more cells.

Tonytran2014_0-1664566151913.png

For example how would I create that formula in alteryx

4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Tonytran2014 

You need to use the formula tool, the formula for this is IF [DO2] = 0 THEN "-" ELSE [DO2] - [DN2] ENDIF. Notice that using Alteryx you will reference the column names of your input, not the cells like with excel. take a look at the attached workflow

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1664567269433.png

If the provided answer helped you to solve the problem/was correct, please accept it as a solution :)

Thanks.

CathyS_Slalom
9 - Comet

Hi @Tonytran2014, you can use the tool, "Formula" under "Preparation" section to create a new column with a similar formula. You can learn some of basic formulas by clicking the open examples.

CathyS_Slalom_0-1664567558814.png

I can also build an example, would you mind to share a sample data? 

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@Tonytran2014 

Find in attachement the way of doing that.

The IIF function in alteryx works exactly as in excel according the syntax : IIF(your_test,value_if_true,value_if_false).

I did a test with dummy dataset.

Emmanuel_G_0-1664704747806.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Tonytran2014 

It worked?

Labels