Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Certification

KaiLarsen
9 - Comet

Hi Alteryx friends,

I'm plotting a path forward on getting as many of the students as possible in my business analytics at Leeds School of Business (CU Boulder) class Alteryx certified. For my planning, is it possible for a person to continue taking a certification exam after they have passed it? In short, I need them all to prove to me at the same time that they are able to pass it in an exam setting without outside help. It would therefore be helpful for them to be able to keep taking it at least one more time after passing it.

Kai 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi Kai,

You can take the exam more than once. I retook to check how it has changed
since first launched without any problems.

Cheers!
Esther

KaiLarsen
9 - Comet

Very helpful, Esther. Can you also confirm that it provided a score for that post-certification test?

Kai 🙂

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @KaiLarsen 

Yes, each time you take the test, you see your score.

Cheers!

Esther

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Hi @estherb47 

If I am up for recertification in a couple of months and I take the test now and fail, would I immediately lose my certification status, or, does it still remain active up until it's expiry date?

Thanks.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @AndrewS,

It will remain valid, it simply wouldn't "renew" for another 2 year period, it would remain 2 years from when you passed the exam previously.

Regards,

Jonathan

EricR

Hi @KaiLarsen,

Once your students pass the exam, they won't be eligible to retake the exam until a year after their original pass date.  So having your students pass the exam multiple times in a short period of time won't be possible.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Eric

Alteryx Certification Team

KaiLarsen
9 - Comet
That's quite disappointing. Can anything be done to help bring another 100 people into the Alteryx fold?

--
Kai R. Larsen [Leeds][ResearchGate][LinkedIn]
Associate Professor, Information Analytics, Leeds School of Business
Associate Professor (courtesy), Information Science, CMCI
Research Advisor, Gallup
Fellow, Institute of Behavioral Science
Director, Human Behavior Project
University of Colorado
995 Regent Dr.
Boulder, CO 80309
EricR

Hi Kai,

I would be happy to work with you on some ideas.  I'll send you a private message.

All the best,

Eric

Alteryx Certification Team

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora
If each student signed up to the alteryx community forum they would all be able to take the exam separately. If any fail they would be able to take it again after a week
Labels