Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx App building

Jwwwson
8 - Asteroid

I have created a workflow which aims at splitting the data with two fields as the splitting basis. 

In order to better enhance the user's experience and greater flexibility, I am building an Alteryx app for the workflow, which allows the users to determine the two fields as splitting basis for their own data sources. Yet, it is not working. 

Much appreciated if you could provide some advices.

Cheers, 
Jason

6 REPLIES 6
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Jwwwson, it's challenging to understand what you are trying to achieve without the data. Can you provide a sample file? What I changed on your app is just adding the dropdowns connected to the file input, this way the name of the fields will automatically populate the dropdown. What is exactly that is not working?

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Jwwwson , The workflow does not seem to have errors. But if you can share a sample file on which you are performing this workflow and the parameters you are passing to this App can help to determine your problem.

Sapna Gupta
Jwwwson
8 - Asteroid

@grazitti_sapna @gabrielvilella 

Thanks for your help in advance.

As in the workflow, the predetermined field for the splitting is "1st person" and "2nd person", yet if the users input the file attached, and would like to set the fields "First contact" and "Second contact" as the splitting basis in app, and errors occurred. 

Cheers,
Jason

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Jwwwson , This is because the unique tool is not configured to update the fields. Please use the below configuration for unique tool as well to update the fields based on selection.

grazitti_sapna_1-1666851911975.png

Sapna Gupta
Jwwwson
8 - Asteroid

@grazitti_sapna, many thanks! I have updated the workflow as advised, and that part is solved. However, the location of the output cannot be updated as chosen in the app. The output files are saved in the original location as stated in the workflow instead. Kindly advise. Thanks!

Thanks & regards
Jason

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

You need to use the formula tool to update the location as it wont create a new file but sheet. Please use the below configuration. Sending you workflow

Sapna Gupta
Labels