Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Analytics Apps - prompting for multiple entries

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Hi all
I have a very complex Analytics Apps that prompts the user for a staff name, email or ID (per screenshots below). the current structure works well for single staff members but we occasionally get requests for multiple staff members.

Is there a way to allow multi-line entries, separated by commas (e.g. dtrump246, jbiden005) or line-breaks by changing the interface text boxes, radio buttons or filters

Prompt:

StephenT_1-1647301830550.png

WorkFlow:

StephenT_0-1647301744843.png

Filters:

StephenT_2-1647301902914.png

StephenT_3-1647301954569.png

Any guidance would be appreciative

4 REPLIES 4
JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@StephenT 

Hi,

I am not sure if you can do this in interface tools, but you can modify the workflow afterwards.

E.g. you can ask the user to input data separated by a specified character e.g. comma), then use "Text to columns" tool and its "Split to rows" option to generate multiple rows - each for separate ID/email/GUID. 

You can then make a macro to process each of these entries separately (possibly batch macro?).

regards

Jarek

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@StephenT 
Maybe you can check this post.
It is not input tool, and it is a check box.

For the Text Input, it gets more complicated. Have not yet get any luch after a few try.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Analytic-App-User-Selects-one-multiple...

0315-StephenT.PNG

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Qiu and @JarekSkudrzyk 
My apologies, i didn't explain clearly

i am looking to manually enter names, email address or GUID then have the workflow filter/select those names from a huge list of 15,000+ staff. 

Presently we are using the above workflow screenshot and works very well for singular entry, but some days we have to filter from 1 to 20 staff members.

If Alteryx can't manage what I am trying to implement then i am happy to keep using the singular entry.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @StephenT, you can achieve this if you use a separate table that you can search on using Find and Replace, since you need the Contains criteria. Then you can filter based on a flag. See attached. 

gabrielvilella_0-1647398398658.png

Labels