Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Analytic App: The workflow contains unlicensed tools

jamesdrab
6 - Meteoroid

I am developing an analytic app in Alteryx designer.  When I try to run the app I am getting an error message (The workflow contains unlicensed tools).  I am not using any third party macros and   I was able to run the app successfully earlier today.  Does anyone know why this error is showing up now?                                                                                                             

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jamesdrab ,

It happens when your Alteryx is unlicensed. Go to options tab and manage licenses and check if your designer licenses has expired.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

jamesdrab
6 - Meteoroid

I opened 'manage licenses' in the options tab and it says that my computer is not connected to my license server.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jamesdrab ,

Press 'ok' and then change the license system, it will go back to the regular license page, then you can check if your license is there or expired.

fmvizcaino_2-1600906772195.png

Best,

Fernando V.

Labels