Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Advanced exam with UK spatial data

uthailderton
6 - Meteoroid

Is there anyway to do the Alteryx Advanced exam with UK spatial data rather than US? I only have access to the UK drivetime data set which means I can't do one of the big 10 mark questions

5 REPLIES 5
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @uthailderton 

The last time I took the Advanced Exam, spatial data was not required (even on spatial questions). That being said, I don't know what interesting challenges the Certifications team currently has in store for current exam takers.

This would be a great questions to send directly to the Certifications team at certification@alteryx.com.

uthailderton
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Charlie, I recently took it and it had a question regarding drive times and the locations were in the US. I can do the usual distance ones fine but the Drivetime question was impossible without the US data set

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @uthailderton.

are you sure it required a drive time calculation? I know there is a spatial exercise but the driving information was already in the dataset and it wasn't needed to use the drivetime calculation.

EricR

Hi @uthailderton ,

None of the advanced exam questions require the use of drivetime data.  The correct answers use straight line distance calculations if they are needed.  I apologize for any confusion and please feel free to message certification@alteryx.com for any certification related questions.

All the best,

Eric

Alteryx Certification Team

uthailderton
6 - Meteoroid

Must have just been me misreading in that case, my bad! I did one with straight line based on a flight path but I thought the other one required drivetime. Thanks for the response

Labels