Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx API Incremental data download

harinder1301
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone,

I have created a iterative Macro to fetch the result using API url as text input ( by passing todate and fromdate in the URL in text input eg: URL?fromdate=01-02-2021&todate =01-03-2021)into Alteryx database file. This whole table got millions of rows and takes about half an hour to run the whole process. My requirement is to create a macro which would ask the question: full data download or weekly increment the data). If it is full then need to pass fromdate=01-02-2021 and todate=Today's Date (appendig to URL string)

if we select option 2 then it should picks the max date from the existing data file and pass that as fromdate in the URL.

Please advise an idea to do this in Alteryx.

Best Regards

Harinder

1 REPLY 1
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @harinder1301 
Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

This is something that could be done using the Check Box Interface tool and containers.
Depending on the option checked (Full data or Weekly Increment) the attached container would be activated and the process contained would be executed.
This thread covers how you can set this up! 
I hope this helps, good luck!
Trevor

Community Moderator
Labels