Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx 2020.2 python tool error

YanishDewan
7 - Meteor

Hi 

I have upgraded to Alteryx 2020.2 but have been experiencing errors with the Python tool relating to the Jupyter server. I have tried to reset my python tool (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-to-reset-the-Python-tool-to-its...), do a clean install of Alteryx 2020.2 but still unable to resolve it. 

Attached is the error I have in Alteryx 2020.2.

I had to revert back to Alteryx 2020.1 in order to successfully use the Python tool. 

9 REPLIES 9
AndrewKramer
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Looks like the Python Tool Virtual Environment didn't setup properly.

Can you attempt to reinstall and send the following log:

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\Common_Config\jupyter-tool.log

YanishDewan
7 - Meteor

Hi Andrew, 

Please see the log file attached. 

AndrewKramer
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Looking at your log. I've identified where the install failed, but I'm not sure as to why.

Additional investigation is necessary on our side. If you could email support@alteryx.com, we can look into this further.

Thanks

PaulNo
10 - Fireball

Hi @YanishDewan,

Did you manage to solve your issue?

Best,

PaulN

YanishDewan
7 - Meteor

Hi @PaulNo  - It was sorted out by the Alteryx support team via email.

PaulNo
10 - Fireball

Thanks @YanishDewan and I'm not surprised: the guys from Alteryx Customer Support are really good!

Would you mind sharing the solution in case somebody else would face a similar problem?

Best,

PaulN

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @YanishDewan ,

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

As the original author, you also have the ability to mark replies as solutions! Going forward, I’d encourage you to identify the solution or solutions that helped you solve your problem, as it's a big help to other community members. Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thank you!

Natalia_vf
6 - Meteoroid

I am having the same problem. Also, the Alteryx Intelligence Suite is not working with Alteryx 2020.2. Can you please share the solution?

PaulTa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Natalia_vf ,

Custom python env. were created for that particular case.

It would be best for you to log a case at support@alteryx.com 

please include your Alteryx product version (Help => about), jupyter-tool logs and any error message you are getting.

Thanks,

Paul T.

Labels