Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx (2018.3) Not Responding After Every Click

Jpschnee
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am currently running on 2018.3, and have not had any issues with this over 2 years. Randomly my Alteryx started not responding, so I closed the program and reset my computer. Now every time I make one action within a workflow it is freezing and going to the "not responding" phase for about 3-5 minutes per action. I am dealing with large datasets so I assumed it was just that workflow. I tried to test this with just a blank canvas and a small data sample, where even just joining this data to a union tool took over 5 minutes. 

Not sure what the course of action here should be or if it would be beneficial to just uninstall and reinstall. 

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Jpschnee ,

Just sharing stories here, I already had some issues like yours even with test workflows as well. The first thing I've done was to reinstall the newest version of Alteryx and it didn't change anything at all, so I've decided to uninstall everything using Revo Uninstaller, which helped me clear every registry and anything else from my computer.

Then it went back to normal.

I'm only providing a workaround that did the job for me, but I'm sure it is not the best solution.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Jpschnee
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Fernando,

I tried your suggested solution was able to get it back to normal after a quick uninstall and reinstall. Thanks for the advice.

Labels