Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx 11 Performance Issues

TylerMay
7 - Meteor

I upgraded to Alteryx 11 (from 10.6) this week and it is behaving extremely slow.  Every click takes about 10-30 seconds to respond.  When I deactivate a tool it takes 15 seconds for Alteryx to catch up.  Is this happening for others as well?

EDIT: I realize I am providing a minimal amount of information but i am thinking the Sharepoint tool is contributing to the performance.  Is anyone having issues with the Sharepoint input tool?

82 REPLIES 82
BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue and providing extra details.  We have been able to track the issue down and are planning on releasing an update that resolves the problem.  I will post again once that is available.  I am expecting to have an update by the end of next week.

The problem we found was related to internet connectivity.  The feature works really well either with full internet access or with none at all.  The problem occurred when there was indeterminate internet connectivity.  In this scenario we were waiting for a timeout on the connection before continuing.  Apologies to anyone that was affected and we will get this updated for you soon.

Best Regards,
Ben

CFHMC
5 - Atom

Yeah this makes 11 unusable over VPN. Wasted so much time waiting for timeouts while trying to view sample data sets to build formulas. 10 worked beautifully for me over VPN. I can't hardly wait for this update. Thanks for responding and find the issue so quickly.

Thanks,

Michael

sbedwell
7 - Meteor

Hi Ben,

I have Alteryx 11 installed on a server with absolutely no access to the 'outside world' and having the following two issues while RDP in to that server.

1) Launching Alteryx takes about 2 minutes.  The server is quite beefy with very little activity, so I would expect it to launch in seconds not minutes.

2) Clicking on "search" and typing even 1 character pauses the entire window for about 2 minutes.

I just wanted to make both of these are being addressed, since you mentioned the problems did not occur on machines with no internet access.

Thanks,

Scott

BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Yes, the issue that you are describing matches the performance issues we were seeing and will be fixed in the near future.  

Thanks,

Ben

sbedwell
7 - Meteor

Thanks Ben!!

Scott

Kuehner
7 - Meteor

I have an issue which is related to this topic, but not with the search tool but moving tools around or renaming tool container.

When typing in the name of the container, I can literally watch how each letter is appearing, it takes roughly a second per later ... pretty annoying. 

I guess fixing the issues with the internet connection won't help in my case ...

Cheers Tom

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Yesterday I installed 11.0.5.26351 to fix the 32-bit ODBC issue (known issue).  Both yesterday, and today, my designer has stalled for up to 30 - 60 seconds, sporadically (about 6 times total).  The last three times I really paid attention, and each time it was because I was either accessing the formula tool, or moving it around the canvass.  I know in beta testing the formula tool had performance issues, and they seemed to be fixed as best as possible with the official release (although those of us used to the instantaneous response of the old formula tool will notice the difference).  Not sure if it's just me having the issue or not.  

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

By any chance, have you tried disabling the Data Profiling option?

I'm on 11.0.5.26351 also - seemed to improve performance.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Yes, but not until after that 6th time yesterday.  Hasn't happened since, but I went home shortly after.  We'll see how it goes today with that turned off.  

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

It did happen twice already today.  I'll go along as normal.  If it's still an issue by early next week, I'll just revert back to 10.6 until more bugs are worked out.

Labels