Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx 11 - PROBLEMS PROBLEMS PROBLEMS :-(

rmwillis1973
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Version 11 is now causing me a considerable headache!

1) The filter, which used to work perfectly, now is giving partial results.  It selects some records, but not others.

Looking at the original Excel version i have, there are 96 records with the word "TEMPLATE", using a simple filter. 

When i use Alteryx, i am only getting 14 records returned when i connect to the .YXDB version of the Excel file.

2) The Filter is creating a UTF error:

Filter (12) Invalid UTF-16 data: trailing surrogate that doesn't follow a leading surrogate

I have always had a mixture of alphanumeric characters within the Customer Name field, as well as foreign (e.g. Chinese) customer names.  I've never had this problem before.  I need to rely on the tool providing the a correct filter experience.

3) It has crashed about 10 times since launching Version 11.  The previous version NEVER let me down.  I was only trying to use the bottom slider to move around my module and it crashed on me.

Version 11 is rapidly becoming a very poor user experience!

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@rmwillis1973 (AKA Richard),

Here is a recap of our conversation/webex:

Research

1. yxdb data processed in a filter using Contains logic was ERRORING with a UTF-16 message, but produced partial results.  What was created as an alternative version in Excel could run through the identical filter and work without issue.
  2. yxdb data was transposed and compared to .xlsx data and data differences were discovered.  The data included NULL values in Excel that appeared as "empty" values in the yxdb data.  Also, data values existed in both sets with only minor format issues.

Resolution (work-arounds)

• Change logic from "Contains" to "Regex_Match"
OLD LOGIC:

Contains([Company Name],"Template")

NEW LOGIC:

Regex_Match([Company Name],".*Template.*")
  • Another work-around could remove the characters, but it also removes your Chinese characters.
Regex_replace([Company Name],"[^\x00-\x7F]",'')

I will forward this thread to support@alteryx.com for their attention.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

Thanks for providing feedback on Version 11 performance.

We have released a patch today that is available for download(version 11.06) and contains updates that should help with crashing/freezing.  

Please feel free to download at your convenience and send us an email at support@alteryx.com if you have any feedback or are still experiencing these issues.

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
rmwillis1973
8 - Asteroid

Thanks - great to see you guys working on providing a solution to the issues raised.

I've downloaded Version 11 now, so hoping it's a bit more stable.

Back to "saving the world" with Alteryx!!!! ;-)

R

Labels