Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx 11.7 has a bug

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

Hello @Alteryx,

I seem to uncover a bug in Alteryx 11.7.

When clicking on updating the canvas color I got the below error

11.7 Errors.png

And then this was the error after clicking on an excel output

11.7 Error when clicking on excel file and text input.png

6 REPLIES 6
BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Level,

Thanks for reporting this.  We are investigating.

BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Level,

The second issue with the xls file is actually resolved in a couple ways.  There is a lot of information posted about it in this Knowledge base article:  

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Error-s-when-opening-XLS-files-after-applyin...

We are continuing to look into the first issue with the settings error and looking for possibly more reports of that particular issue from users.

Thanks,
Ben

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

Hi @BenG,

I'm aware of the issue with the Microsoft update and the error generated.. Which states the "Microsoft Jet Engine..." but the above error message was a totally new one that was coming from Alteryx and not Microsoft.

I'll see if the message comes up again for other output errors to see if I can find some commonality.

Thanks,

Levell

MargaritaW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @levell_x_dunn,

You are correct, this new error message was implemented with 11.7 in order to give our users better information about the XLS issue by explaining the cause of the error and providing a solution. Microsoft released a patch on 11/14.

Thanks for reporting.

Margarita Wilshire
Sr. Manager, Customer Support Engineering
Women & Allies Committee

Alteryx, Inc.
BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @levell_x_dunn,

Are you still experiencing the first error in the user settings?  Would you mind trying a "Restore Defaults" to see if that resolves it?  Still looking for more users that may be encountering that particular error.

Thanks,
Ben

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball
Hi @BenG,

I haven’t seen the error again.

I’m believing it had to do with Alteryx trying to access a network drive that wasn’t available.
Labels