Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alternative to Transpose tool, but without caching field names

OksanaBezpyata
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Is there any alternative to Transpose tool I can use to have column names in one row, the reason why I can't use Transpose tool is because of the following behavior: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Bug-Unexpected-behavior-Transpose-Tool...

I need to transform column names to one column "Column_names" with column names as values, but column names may update with each file processing (they also may differ because of capitalization only), that is why I can't use Transpose tool, which caches the columns names and if for example: my column name changed from "Mehod NAME" to "Method Name", the output of Transpose tool still shows Mehod NAME.

Thanks in advance!
Oksana
3 REPLIES 3
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @OksanaBezpyata,

would Python be an option for you? 

Best

Alex

OksanaBezpyata
8 - Asteroid

Hi @grossal ,

Thanks for the suggestion. I doubt that Python would be an option, I launch the application in Alteryx Gallery and from what I see Python tool  is on the Alteryx Analytics Gallery list of prohibited tools. Applying for exemption is not an option for me.

Best regards,

Oksana

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @OksanaBezpyata 

Look into using the field info tool, found on the developer palette

danilang_0-1589892116010.png

The column names show up in the name column of the result, with no caching between runs

danilang_1-1589892193034.png

Dan

Labels