Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Allow to get the first column or allow me rank in a condition

rmartinez4
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,  I want to be able to write this condition in two ways. The first way is to give me the first found IP1-IP6 for the hostname in the Final IP column then the second way is to allow me to rank the IP columns however I want. 

rmartinez4_1-1660918868293.png

Thank for all you help.

4 REPLIES 4
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @rmartinez4 

See if the attached is what you're looking for. Output looks similar to your example. 

Maskell_Rascal_0-1660923540991.png

Cheers!

Phil

rmartinez4
8 - Asteroid

I have other columns that are attached to the hostname not provided in this table for example a column missing is Date and OS. Some Hostname have an empty Hostname cell with IP1 - IP6 but then I want to fill the empty cell Hostname the Final IP. Please the final table below.

Not sure how to tag these along in the process and drop columns IP1 - IP6. Thank you for all your help

rmartinez4_0-1660926788781.png

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

@rmartinez4 

Try the revised workflow attached. I used a dynamic select tool for the path that branches off, since I can't verify if there will be additional IP Fields you didn't tell me about in your initial ask. I also added a formula tool to the end to clean up the missing rows. I also made the assumption that when you said "blank" in the host name that you meant just an empty field. The devil is in the details here, if you don't provide all the variables for your data, its hard to account for what I don't know. 

All that said, let me know if this new workflow works. 

Cheers!

Phil

rmartinez4
8 - Asteroid

Sorry for the missing information but it work. 

Labels