Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Allow a gallery app to run during specified times

Whodathunkit
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a workflow that I'm planning on publishing to the gallery as an app that would have a user interface, requiring them to input two or three fields. The main issue that I'm going to have with this is the database I'm hitting with this request can only be used between 3pm and midnight. Is there something in the gallery that allows me to limit this app from running outside of this time-frame, or would I have to build it into the workflow to check the current time and error/stop if it is?

Thanks,

Tyler

6 REPLIES 6
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Whodathunkit believe you would have to build it in the workflow if it's an analytical app. You could have a error message to tell the users then can only run the workflow after 3.  

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I have attached an error tool set up to throw an error if run outside those times.

Whodathunkit
7 - Meteor

Thanks @JosephSerpis and @JoeS for your prompt replies. I'm fairly new to the community. Is there proper etiquette regarding ACCEPT AS SOLUTION? Since you both said to handle it via an error, do I just mark the first one as the solution, or since @JoeS provided a workflow with the error, essentially taking it a step further, should that be marked as the solution? If I could, I'd mark them both lol. 

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I believe you can mark both as a solution 🙂

If not, give the solution to Joe @JosephSerpis  as he got there first!

Whodathunkit
7 - Meteor

Indeed you can mark both as solutions. That's great that they made it that way. Thanks again to you both.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Great stuff, happy to help!

Labels