Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Allocating rows to new columns when identifier is only in one row

N89
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all

I am trying to work out a way to allocate totals to a particular column based on an idenitifier existing in anoher column. I have included the input data in the attached and shown what i would like the output to look like. 

If in Column C there is the identifier 804020, then you take its value in Column A (1400022727) and for all of  those you put the number from Column D in Clear 3. 

If in Column C there is the identifier 259440, then you take its value in Column A (1400023144 and 1400023309) and for all of  those you put the number from Column D in Clear 1.

If in Column C there is the identifier 259430, then you take its value in Column A (1400023482) and for all of  those you put the number from Column D in Clear 12.

If none of the identifiers apply you take all the values from Column D and put them in "Stays:.

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@N89 
Just manage to get similar results as your output. Need to do something about the formatting, though.N89.PNG

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @N89 , give this a try.

grazitti_sapna_0-1603170967949.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
N89
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @grazitti_sapna - my problem is in my actual data set i have thousands of different Column A numbers so i can't input in the formula the wya you have done. I will try @Qiu solution with a bit of a workflow in the beginning to make my data look like the second input too without manually doing that. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@N89 
Glad to be helpful for a little.
Appreciate if you would mark it as accepted.😁

Labels