Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

All the data is inside a single cell, need help cleaning

backrocket
7 - Meteor

I have data coming from a system and it is outputting all the data inside a single cell. The data is not consistent, such that it is not coming as the output in the same format. I have attached a example below.

My goal is to separate the data and then convert it into columns. I have also attached the desired output in the below excel sheet. The number of fields that may show up vary from between the cells.

The steps I tried was to create a Batch macro, which takes in one cell at a time, delimits it based on , which is ignored in quotes. This helped to separate the fields out in to columns but I could not figure out how to go from 'upc': '015532100821' to a column names upc and value of it as 015532100821.

Any help on this would be really appreciated.

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This isn't a complete solution but I wanted to get you a start so you can see how you can get there. You'll need to do a bit of work to get just perfect. The big piece is to add the formula tool first to clean it up a bit so it's easier to parse...

Hope this helps! 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
backrocket
7 - Meteor

Thank you for that, this really helps. 

Labels