Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Aggregate measures at year level

ewuchatka
5 - Atom

Hello

I'm an alteryx novice 🙂

I'd like to aggregate the below table so that it will have one line for a year for all the measures.

Please note it's a massive table with other dimensions (string) products, customers etc.  So for each customer and product the table has all the periods etc.

The required output will be ONLY aggregated for year, but the table will still be split by other all the fields like product, customer (and all the other hierarchies).

Please  note that I'd like to aggregate like that most (if not all!) measure i.e. units, volume, value etc.... so ideally it would be done in one go?

Before

PeriodYearUnits
P1201910
P2201920
P3201960

Required

PeriodYearUnits
3 REPLIES 3
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @ewuchatka ,

you can use the Summarize tool to aggregate the periods. In my understanding, source data has some dimensions (customer, product, year, period) and some measures (data fields like units, revenue). In the Summarize tool, all dimensions you want to keep (i.e. everything but "period") have to be selected as "Group by" field, all data fields can be added with Action "SUM", this will result in the year total by the respective combination of all dimensions. Hopew this is helpful.

Best,

Roland

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @ewuchatka,

you can do this with the Summarize Tool.

grossal_0-1587117778982.png

I am not sure if I got it right, but it sounded like you want to keep the original columns, therefore I joined it back. If you don't need it, just remove the Join Tool.

Output 1:

grossal_1-1587117887898.png

Output 2:

grossal_2-1587117892625.png

I have attached the sample workflow. Let me know what you think.

Best

Alex

ewuchatka
5 - Atom

thanks for a swift reply and help!

Labels