ALTERYX INSPIRE | Join us this May for for a multi-day virtual analytics + data science experience like no other! Register Now

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Advanced Cost Modeling

Uditdhupar
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am new to Alteryx and am planning to use it to develop advanced cost models (ML based). I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me with the following questions:

1. Is ML based modeling possible in Alteryx? Since it's a procurement dataset, it would be enriched every minute as more and more Purchase orders are released. Would Alteryx models dynamically update and refine themselves using ML algorithms?

2. What if I want to have a user input to the master data? Would Alteryx allow me to do so? Just to illustrate what I mean - for example. I've made a cost model for Painting service which is a function of type of paint used, area of painting, height, site conditions etc. I have norms database for labour rates & productivity which will be used to calculate the prices. Now I have 2 questions:

Q 1. User would like to estimate the price by providing certain input parameters such as height, paint type, area etc. - is the user allowed to input these in the front end (BI / visualization layer) and Alteryx can calculate basis that?

Q 2. If there's a new scenario that has come up. for e.g., painting on a rusted surface for which the norms might be different - can the user update the norms master database using the front end UI itself rather than going into the norms database (which might be in excel / access / any other database for that matter)?

dphines
5 - Atom

Hi,

Do you have Alteryx Server?  This project sounds Like it will need to incorporate scheduling and monitoring into your solution which the server can provide.   As for your questions, I do believe that most of the answers are yes but the capabilities would be dependent on your planned design and company's infrastructure.

Labels