Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Advanced Certification

Rwebber1991
8 - Asteroid

In the Advanced Certification prep guide it says there is suggested weekly challenges for the various categories covered in the advanced exam but I can't seem to find where these are organized. I know it's probably right under my nose but anyone who can point me towards that resource or have suggestions for how they passed the Advanced cert would be greatly appreciated! 

9 REPLIES 9
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Rwebber1991,

The weekly challenges are located right here:

IraWatt_0-1652042569113.png

Once on the page they also nicely tag them so you can cover a particular area your interested in:

IraWatt_1-1652042634962.png

HTH,

Ira

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

To pass the Advanced exam I think I did around  ~15 intermediate challenges after covering all the videos. Macros were the big change from Core so I'd try having a look at challenges on them. There's quite a good thread here on the topic Solved: Core Certification to Advanced Certification - Alteryx Community  

If you have any questions on the topic make sure to ask :)

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Nice answer, @IraWatt.  

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@Rwebber1991 - my advice would be to do as Ira says in terms of 15 or so challenges and then have a crack at the exam.  If you don't pass first time, you'll quickly realise which areas you need to focus on for the next attempt!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Shifty 100%! I would also mention @Rwebber1991  the exam is very time limited much like the core so pacing is very important 🤠

Rwebber1991
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @IraWatt this gives me a little more focus in my training!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great to hear @Rwebber1991 ! best of luck 🤞

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Good suggestions above for where you can focus your training, but my advice would be to not put off trying for too long and just give it a shot when you can find some free time. The best practise you can get is within the test itself! I personally tried it to just highlight some areas I need to work on, but passed it (with a bit of luck on the macro question I'll admit!). Good luck!

roopmathi
7 - Meteor

I have finished the micro-credentials in Alteryx Designer Core and I am planning to go for the Advanced Certificate next. Iam using the learning path videos as my study material. However, what is the sequence that I need to start learning these tools? 

advanced_cert doubt.png

Labels