Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Advance filtering logic, needs help.

terrellchong
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a databases of codes that I would like to filter out but I'm currently not too sure how to develop the logic.

From the sample that I have attached, I would like to find the [JE code] that relates to 110, so at this case its 9540, 9542 and 9544. But at the same time, I need to extract the rows of the item out also, regardless of the GL code.

terrellchong_0-1669886156983.png

Can anyone please help me to figure out how can I do it in Alteryx?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
AnRo
6 - Meteoroid

Hey @terrellchong!

I'm not too sure what you mean by codes you need to "filter out" or "But at the same time, I need to extract the rows of the item out also, regardless of the GL code.". 

In general using the Summarize tool to group by GL code and JE code lets you view all the singular connections from GL code to JE code. With that information you can further manipulate the dataset. Could you explain a bit more what it is that you need?

Cheers

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

So you want to remove all your coloured rows?  Filter out the yellow ones by GL code, then join the two sides of the filter by JE code to identify other matches.

Christina_H_0-1669886970071.png

terrellchong
8 - Asteroid

This works! Thanks!

Labels