Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Address Field - Points

JDong
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I need help to parse the below world address list and generate points or any coordinates to plot on a visualization tool

56 North Rock Maple Ave.Miami Beach, FL 33139
8929 New Street Chevy Chase, MD 20815
14 James Drive Milton, MA 02186
9995C E. Holly Ave. Reading, MA 01867
7780 Thompson Rd. Muncie, IN 47302
416 Carriage Ave. Baldwinsville, NY 13027
7814 Sunnyslope Street Burbank, IL 60459
772 Oklahoma St. Dorchester, MA 02125
392 High Noon Avenue Port Charlotte, FL 33952
43 Lexington Avenue Little Falls, NJ 07424

De Yang Shi Chang Jiang Dong Lu,Sichuan, Sichuan,100700 CN
Chang Jiang Lu Gong Hua,Dalianshi, Dalianshi, 1283749 CN
Capital Stone Works Ltd, 36 Druid St, London, SE1 2HH
Pennard Vets,Unit 4, Kelly Corner Shopping Development, Belfast, BT12 7AA
5603 Town St Ste 200E, SAN FRANCISCO, CA, 94103-5690 US

Please note that some rows the cities are repeated twice and not so consistent. How can I achieve this kind of result in Alteryx.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
mst3k
11 - Bolide

If I understand correctly, you would need to geocode these addresses. That's not possible directly in Alteryx unless you have the add-on "Location Package" dataset. If you don't have very many addresses, and they won't change, you can get around this by going to google maps and entering the address... in the URL you'll see latitude and longitude coordinates.

You can then enter those into a Text Input tool, and use the Create Points tool to turn them into spatial objects (points on a map).

Since you'd be doing this by hand, you wouldn't have to worry about duplicated cities etc.

If you were able to geocode, you'd probably need some regex and parsing tools to try to eliminate duplicate cities

JDong
8 - Asteroid

@mst3k  Thank you also what is the right way to clean this same pattern of data to make it more consistent.

The data is as per the above format and will help to receive regex to properly clean the above dataset.

Labels